The real Democrat agenda has emerged in the halls of Congress, it’s far worse than we originally thought. They will ensure the GOP can never win another national election. Hans Von Spakovsky, an attorney and former FEC Commissioner is now tackling the progressive-socialist DNC’s new agenda of the century with the Heritage Foundation. Their goal: The Federal Government will rip control of our elections away from the States, one of the last vestiges of state-sovereignty, truly making all 50 State Governments completely subservient to Washington, DC.
— Hans von Spakovsky (@HvonSpakovsky) January 21, 2021
Hans Von Spakovsky told OANN,
“This bill would be basically a federal takeover of the administration of elections. And the whole reason for that is so that they can frankly: manipulate the rules and make it easier to cheat. I mean another example of this is: this federal law would override and ban any State Voter ID law. Now the only reason for that is to decrease the security of the election process.”
OANN Host of Tipping Point, Kara McKinney also noted,
“And it also concerned me that I saw that this would also inhibit in many ways and restrict the states’ abilities to clean and purge their voter rolls as well.”
The Constitutionality of this new package of election system shattering federal laws is highly questionable. While the US Constitution does provide allowances for Congress to “make or alter such Regulations” relative to “The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives” under Article 1 Section 4, the new agenda would seem to run afoul of the 14th Amendment which handles apportionment of Representatives in the new laws requiring Independent Redistricting Commissions.
Here are few quick highlights of the agenda behind House Resolution 1.
- Automatic Voter Registration Act
- “Democracy Restoration Act”- Automatically restores the right of convicted felons to vote once they’ve served their sentence overriding State restrictions with the justification that the number of convicted felons is statistically greater in minority groups. Forwarding the critical race theory agenda.
- “Voter Registration Efficiency Act”- Under 18 can register to vote, begins a pilot program to register all High School students over age 16.
- “Prohibiting Voter Caging”- Prevents States from cleaning their voter rolls through non-forwardable return notices and cross-referencing state moving databases. This is the most efficient way to keep the voter rolls accurate and prevent abuse.
- Voting By Mail Made National and Permanent with no restrictions.
- Requiring Congressional Redistricting To Be Conducted Through Independent State Commission.- Congress is seeking to rip away redistricting from the state legislatures. These commissions must meet a diversity standard. Another notch in the critical race theory agenda.
- Election Security Act- Requires all states to meet a uniform federal standard for voting machines.
- Recusal Of Presidential Appointees- This basically would REQUIRE recusals similar to AG Jeff Sessions recusing himself from President Trump’s first impeachment investigation.
- Executive Branch Conflict of Interest Act- Governs the employment and contracting of a President and Vice President’s family and prevents their businesses from contracting with the Government.
- Presidential and Vice Presidential Tax Transparency- Requires Presidential and Vice Presidential candidates release their tax returns.
The Deeper Dive into The Agenda with Text from the Bill
- Automatic Voter Registration Act
- The right of an individual who is a citizen of the United States to vote in any election for Federal office shall not be denied or abridged because that individual has been convicted of a criminal offense unless such individual is serving a felony sentence in a correctional institution or facility at the time of the election.