White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany took to Twitter late Monday to urge voters to support Republican Senatorial Candidates Kelly Loeffler and David Perdue. McEnany pointedly reminded the world that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s first bill of 2019 or HR1 was a massive attempt to change our Elections forever. It’s a Trap.
The Press Secretary reminded her followers that in a Democrat-controlled Senate, Senator Chuck Schumer would rubber-stamp the plan and
“Democrats will make the fraudulent election system they put in some states the nationwide law of the land.”
If we lose the Senate, Democrats will make the fraudulent election system they put in some states the nationwide law of the land.
Pelosi’s FIRST bill was a bill to forever change elections.
Schumer would rubber stamp Pelosi plan.
— Kayleigh McEnany (@kayleighmcenany) January 5, 2021
Here are a few highlights of Pelosi’s Nightmare Elections Agenda
Just over a year ago, HR1 was introduced by Pelosi, Rep. John Sarbanes (D-MD) and committee chairs: Reps. Elijah Cummings (D-MD), Zoe Lofgren (D-CA), and Jerry Nadler (D-NY). Just a veritable who’s who from the failed Trump impeachment.
A lot of the reforms in the bill might seem appealing like “Stopping members of Congress from using taxpayer money to settle sexual harassment or discrimination cases.” or “require Facebook and Twitter to disclose the source of money for political ads on their platforms”. But hidden between the lines is a well-laid trap that would snap shut and ensure the overwhelming power of the Democratic party and the end of any meaningful Republican resistance to their agenda for decades to come.
Here are a few of the most important bullet-points outlined by the Progressive mouthpiece Vox, along with an our analysis of each.
- “Support for a constitutional amendment to end Citizens United.”- This would reinstate the federal ban on independent political advocacy by corporations and unions, stripping them of the rights of free speech and free association that was upheld by Supreme Court.
- “Restructuring the Federal Election Commission to have five commissioners instead of the current four, in order to break political gridlock.” – Allow the Democrats in control of Congress to stack what is by design a bipartisan Commission, guaranteeing the FEC would never rule in favor of Republicans and thereby ensuring ongoing Democratic hegemony.
- “Requiring the president and vice president to disclose 10 years of his or her tax returns. Candidates for president and vice president must also do the same.” –Specifically targeted at President Trump, the value of releasing a candidate’s tax returns for public perusal is dubious at best and morally questionable from a standpoint of privacy. A Candidate’s personal finances are already subject to FEC scrutiny, making this step unnecessary and undesirable. The only parties that would benefit are the media.
- “Creating a new ethical code for the US Supreme Court, ensuring all branches of government are impacted by the new law.” – An Unconstitutional move on its face, and Legislative overreach that would never survive legal challenge. The Supreme Court sets their own code of conduct, just as the House or Senate set theirs. This move would allow Congress to exert undue control over the Court and would be the most effective way to establish Democrat control over them short of packing the court (which they’re also discussing).
Voting rights (Here’s the Trap)
- “Creating new national automatic voter registration that asks voters to opt out, rather than opt in, ensuring more people will be signed up to vote. Early voting, same-day voter registration, and online voter registration would also be promoted.”-In this, the Democrats seek to re-0rder our electoral system from the ground-up, shattering any verification of residency or citizenship and polluting the voter rolls with false or duplicated information leaving the system ripe for manipulation. Step 1 of usurping our right to vote.
- Ending partisan gerrymandering in federal elections and prohibiting voter roll purging. The bill would stop the use of non-forwardable mail being used as a way to remove voters from rolls.- And here is step 2, By removing the ability of the States’ to purge voter rolls of false or duplicate information through non-forwardable mail (ie. when you move and your forwarding expires or die), the most effective backstop against electoral fraud will be removed. Also, by removing independent redistricting on the State-level the Democrats would wrestle control away from States and further destroy their sovereignty and supremacy over the federal government intended by our founders.
McEnany is right, per usual, her binder is full of all the relevant data. We cannot allow this to Nightmare to happen. If the Democrats seize the Senate, then the Supreme Court and the Federal Elections Commission will be the next to fall. This is how the Republic dies.