It Was SABOTAGE…NATO Investigating…

NATO has formally condemned the attack on the Nord Stream pipelines hours after a fourth leak was discovered by the Swedish Coast Guard.

Russia continues to deny responsibility. Instead Russia suggested the United States has a connection to the incident, which has left gas leaking into the Baltic Sea. Gas has been filmed bubbling to the water’s surface. This impedes inspections of the pipelines.

“All currently available information indicates that this is the result of deliberate, reckless and irresponsible acts of sabotage,” NATO said in a statement. “These leaks are causing risks to shipping and substantial environmental damage.”

An investigation of the origins of the explosions that caused the leaks has begun by the organization.

“We, as Allies, have committed to prepare for, deter and defend against the coercive use of energy and other hybrid tactics by state and non-state actors,” said NATO. “Any deliberate attack against Allies’ critical infrastructure would be met with a united and determined response.”

The statement aligns with the sentiments shared by European world leaders who expressed their concerns in the immediate aftermath of the initial explosions earlier this week.

Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said in an interview with the Soloviev Live online broadcast that Washington DC has “full control” over the sea between Denmark and Sweden. The very area where the leaks were discovered.

“It happened in the trade and economic zones of Denmark and Sweden. There are NATO-centric countries,” said Zakharova on Sept. 29.

Reuters reports that the Kremlin official did not offer any specific evidence of the US’s involvement in the area.

“Russia’s embassy in Denmark said any sabotage on Nord Stream’s pipelines was an attack on both Russia’s and Europe’s energy security,” per Reuters.

The Biden administration has reiterated its support for its European allies. The Administration has also expressed it’s support in the investigation into the explosion while also seeming to hesitate on affirming any outright accusations.

Both White House national security adviser Jake Sullivan and Secretary of State Antony Blinken have spoken to their Danish counterparts about the attack. Each have referred to the incident as “apparent sabotage” in their official statements.

White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said that she would not “speculate on the cause of” the leaks.

“It’s not something that we’re going to do. I know our European partners are investigating this, so we stand ready to provide support to their efforts once they have completed their investigation,” she told reporters in the briefing room.

Speaking to reporters on the condition of anonymity, a Pentagon official said, “The jury is still out.”

“Many of our partners, I think, have determined or believe it is sabotage. I’m just — I’m not at the point where I can tell you one way or the other,” the official said. The official denied that the US was involved.

The UN Security Council were scheduled to meet on Sept. 30 to discuss the pipelines and the attacks’ connections to the Russia-Ukraine war.

Source

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Previous Article

Radical ISIS Operative ARRESTED In New Mexico

Next Article
deputies

47 Deputies Forcibly REMOVED From Duty All At Once

Related Posts