Degeneracy rules the day among the youth in the United States, and unfortunately, it’s just getting worse. Chaos and lawlessness erupted at Six Flags America in Maryland during Fright Fest over the weekend, forcing the theme park to evacuate.
Videos have begun to circulate on social media showing teenagers assaulting each other and vandalizing vehicles in the parking lot of the theme park on the evening of September 25th. Because of the violence, the park was forced to close an hour early.
I Know my generation was wild but this what ya yungins doing in six flags now ???? pic.twitter.com/RX92CjtAy4
— YOUTUBE – DMV HOODZ AND NEWZ © (@DMVHOODZNDNEWZ) September 26, 2021
Six flags fright fest in dmv was crazy moe😂 pic.twitter.com/W7c5soXtvr
— Twitch.tv/callmike (@callmikeK) September 26, 2021
Police officers arrived on scene in an attempt to intervene in the chaos, but the fighting had already taken its toll. According to police in Prince George’s County, Maryland, some victims of the lawlessness have come forward to file reports, but no suspects have been identified and no arrests have been made as of yet.
Prince George Police Department released a statement to FOX 5 DC on September 27th, which read:
“The Prince George’s County Police Department is working to identify those who were victimized by acts of vandalism that occurred this weekend at Six Flags Amusement Park. We are reviewing video and attempting to identify tag numbers and victims as well as potential suspects. Once we identify the suspects then the States Attorney’s Office can determine potential charges.
Prince George’s County Police Department meets regularly with Six Flags to discuss public safety and the security plan of the amusement park. The plan established is based off the previous year’s crowd history and upcoming events. The Police Department is meeting with Six Flags later this week to review the security plan and offer recommendations.”
According to several witnesses, many of the people fighting were around 14 or 15 years old. No one has been able to determine what caused the chaos to ensue.
One woman, who was visiting the area from out of town, said that she was confused when the theme park began to evacuate its customers.
“Because we weren’t being told what was happening when we asked security, we had no idea why we were being told to leave the park,” said the woman, who requested to be identified only by her first name, Jenny. “That created a lot of ‘what if’ scenarios in my head. We immediately got in the car and tried to get far from the property out of fear of what it could be.”
A Six Flags America spokesman released the following statement:
“We have a zero-tolerance policy for any inappropriate behavior at our park. We continuously evaluate our security and safety protocols, and meet regularly with local law enforcement to review and refine our practices. To avoid compromising the effectiveness of our security protocols, both seen and unseen, we do not disclose the details of our security plans. To further ensure the safety of our guests and team members, the park will close at 9 p.m. for the remainder of Fright Fest, with no re-entry starting at 6 p.m. and no new entry starting at 7 p.m.”